Buying or selling a home involves one of the largest investments (or asset transactions) you will ever make, so you want to make sure your interests are protected. Although other professionals involved in your transaction are there to help you during this process, only your attorney is looking out for your best interest.
If you are selling your home, you want to make sure inspections are managed properly, contingencies are monitored, deposits are escrowed securely and your net sale proceeds are correctly calculated and credited to you, either by check or bank wire transfer. read our Blog "How much does it cost to sell your home."
If you are buying a home, you want to make sure that all contingencies are in place to protect you against unexpected issues, repair items revealed by your inspections are adequately addressed and that you receive clear title to your new home.
Although most of our clients work with realtors, we welcome clients who decide to sell or buy on their own without using a realtor. In those cases, it is especially important to engage an experienced real estate attorney who can guide you through the process and be a resource as issues arise.
Selling or buyer real estate involves hundreds of thousands of dollars of your hard earned money - - let us guide you through the closing process and give you peace of mind.
Try Our Smart Law Platform
If you have a need for basic legal services like wills, or a Special Needs Trust or guardianship for a child turning 18, we now offer these services at an affordable price via our Smart Law platform.
Here is the pricing (Note, pricing is based on the use of our online services. In-person service is available at different rates):
1. Estate Planning:
- Last Will and Testament: Single Person - $195 / Married Couple - $295
- Power of Attorney: Single Person - $95 / Married Couple - $175
- Living Will (Advance Medical Directive): Single Person - $95 / Married Couple - $175
- Complete Estate Plan (all 3 documents): Single Person - $380 / Married Couple - $495
2. Miller Trust (sometimes called a Qualified Income Trust) - part of Medicaid applications: $550 (starting at)
3. Special Needs Trust or Supplemental Benefits Trust: $850 (starting at)
4. Guardianship (for a person turning 18 or an older adult)
- Limited Representation: $850 (limited to preparing necessary court documents and letters- please call our office for details
- Full Representation: $2,500 (if uncontested; if contested, fee will be converted to hourly)
How Smart Law Works
The process is very simple. Just click onto our "Smart Law" seal below and follow the instructions on that page. You will be asked to fill out a simple contact form requesting basic information. There will also be a drop-down menu from which you can select the type of service you need. Once we receive your request, we will send you via e-mail the necessary link to begin the process.
It's simple, fast and will save you a ton of money!